How Webinars Generate Leads
Have you recently registered for a webinar? If your answer is “yes,” you know how popular they are these days. However, if you registered but didn’t attend a webinar, you can guess that conversions aren’t high: about 5-15%. At the same time, the conversion rate among those prospects which visited webinars may reach up to 50% and even more! Here are some tips to solve this puzzle.
Identify Your Target Audience
When launching a webinar, you expect to attract those who can potentially buy your products. Basically, you need to create a buyer persona profile. In B2B business, buyer personas are managers making purchasing decisions. Hence, you need to evoke interest to your products in them. Further, you need to optimize the funnel to motivate those who registered for your webinar to attend it. Keep in mind that your major focus is the increase in conversions.
Before you start, you need to create a buyer persona map. This will help you better understand your target audience and increase your chances for success. The more precise you identify the audience, the better conversions you get. You can use online surveys, online research, or webinar registration data to get an idea of your buyer persona.
Polish Your Landing Page
Once the profile of your buyer persona is complete, create a registration page for your webinar. Use high-quality content based on the analysis of the needs of your potential customers. Each product or service should address your customers’ pain points. Only this can motivate people to buy from you.
Therefore, the landing page should contain the following information:
- catching title;
- compelling meta-description;
- a short video evoking interest in target audience;
- high-quality copy describing the benefits of your webinar;
- testimonials and comments from social media to prove the usefulness of your webinar;
- creation of urgency or scarcity (spaces are limited);
- speakers’ information (short bio).
If you’re using the webinar as incentive for your potential customers and offer it for free, don’t forget to emphasize that it will not cost a cent for them.
Organize Sales Funnel for Your Webinar
A great number of sign-ups still doesn’t generate revenue. Only when your prospects buy your products, your business can benefit from such an activity. Therefore, you need to encourage your prospects to visit your webinars this is why you should offer valuable content. Otherwise, the rate of visiting your webinar will be low.
It is also always great if your prospects have a chance to attend the webinar at the time they want. Therefore, make the record of your webinar available for the next 24 hours so that they can choose the right time to familiarize themselves with your info. This will increase attendance rates and customers’ loyalty.
“Thank You” Message
This component is often overlooked and marketers tend to direct prospects to the web page and/or don’t make a clear CTA. The value of your “thank you” message can be maximized by taking the following steps:
- state the benefits of your webinar once again to build excitement;
- include essential information about the date, time, and link to webinar;
- ask your prospects to share the link to the webinar in social media;
- encourage the registrants to add the event to their calendar, so they don’t forget to attend it;
- motivate your target audience to visit your website or share special offer;
- make a survey and ask your target audience to answer several questions that will help identify their pain points;
- share the link to valuable content on the website to develop trust.
As a rule, there is some time before you start promoting your webinar. You can use this time to sustain anticipation and make your target audience feel excited about the future event. For example, you can send several emails to get connections and position your products within the desired context.
In your emails you can share the following:
- your story (this helps build trust);
- solutions your target audience have tried, the reasons they didn’t solve the problem, and your unique offer;
- your selling proposition;
- potential objections to your solution;
- case studies and testimonials related to the issue you’re attempting to solve;
- relevant content on the website you’re promoting (blog posts, videos, etc.) demonstrating your expertise in the issue.
Don’t forget to send follow-up emails to capture the target audience that watched your webinar. This will help remind your prospects about their needs and encourage them to make purchases.
There are many patterns to generate leads with the help of webinars. The more components you pay attention to, the greater are the chances your prospects attend webinar and make a purchase later. You will also need to test different approaches and track the metrics to check what works better. This will help you optimize conversion rates and increase sales. Good luck!
Originally published 2021.01.11 , updated 2021.01.19